We greatly miss our students, parents, and volunteers and hope that everyone stays safe and healthy while we are out of school! Our staff has worked very hard to provide students with plenty of resources so they may continue learning at home. Please see below for tips and reminders:
· Online resources and work is available on our school website. For easy access, click on the computer icon on the right side of our home page and scroll down for website links and Google folders with additional practice. We will be adding to these folders if we are out for a longer period of time.
· 3rd and 4th grade students may access practice and work through Google Classroom. We will also be adding to these if we are out for a longer period of time.
· Students should have come home on the last day with a paper that lists all of their usernames and passwords for websites we use consistently such as Google Classroom, IXL, Reflex, etc. Links to all of these can also be found on our school website.
· If you have questions about student work, resources, or websites, please contact your child’s teacher through email, Remind, or Class Dojo. Emails to teachers can be sent through our school website.
· As a reminder, we are serving lunch/breakfast items at Surgoinsville Elementary every weekday (including during Spring Break) from 11:30am-1:00pm for any child age 18 or under. Please circle around behind the building for pick-up. Children must be in the vehicle to receive their meal.
· Free Wifi will also be available at Surgoinsville Elementary School in the front parking area each weekday from 11:30am-1:00pm for anyone who needs access to assignments and resources online. You will connect to HCGuest using the password, welcome1.
· Follow us on Facebook for lots of other fun learning opportunities like author read alouds, live animal webcams, virtual field trips, and other fun things that we come across and think our students would enjoy!
· One thing that students can always do at home is to read, read, READ!
Again, we miss you and hope you enjoy time with your family during this time. We hope to see everyone very soon! Stay safe and healthy!
Mrs. Smith and all the staff at SES